Please send all questions and comments regarding the executive council to firstname.lastname@example.org using Subject Line: Executive Council
Executive powers of the GSA are vested in GSA Executive Council, headed by an Executive Board comprised of Officers elected by the General Assembly. Executive powers are granted by the will of the elected General Assembly of Delegates, who, as the legislative branch of GSA, represent the will of all GSA members.
The Executive Council is comprised of:
- All voting members of the Executive Board, with the President of the GSA acting as Chair;
- The Graduate Student Representative to the Virginia Tech Board of Visitors;
- The Chairpersons of all Standing Committees of the Assembly;
- The Chairpersons of all active Special Committees of the Assembly;
- The Chairpersons of all Executive Programming Committees;
- Additional GSA members as appointed by the Executive Board.
The Executive Council may regularly invite guests to its proceedings to serve in advisory roles, including but not limited to staff support as provided by the University.
2020-21 Elected Officers of the GSA Executive Board
President | Maruf Hoque
Vice President | Awad Abdelhalim
Director of Programs | Martina Svyantek
Director of Finance | Tahsin Mahmud Chowdhury
Director of Communications | Sharon Flynn Stidham
Director of Events | June Ann Jones